Skip To Main Content

General Information

Enrollment Information

eCADEMY High School is a premier alternative high school offering quality education to meet the learning needs of a diverse student population while adhering to standards of excellence. 

eCADEMY celebrates diversity by providing a strong foundation for all students preparing to enter the workforce or continue their education in an ever-advancing, connected and technological world.

eCADEMY High School FULL-TIME Students (BlendED)

  • School runs on hard 9 weeks (i.e. grades post to transcripts at the end of each quarter)
  • 1.5 classes (2 core, 1 elective) is the minimum per 9 weeks. Option to add more classes as classes are completed up until 5 weeks into the quarter.
  • New enrollment closes at 4 weeks into each semester. After this, there is an extenuating circumstance application that goes through administration for approval. Priority is given to students with documented medical needs.

eCADEMY High Schools will enroll out-of-district transfer students that reside in the greater Albuquerque Metro Area as defined below if space is available.

  • Rio Rancho
  • Los Lunas
  • Belen
  • Edgewood
  • Moriarty
  • To'hajiilee
  • Pueblo communities in the greater Metro area

eCADEMY High School CONCURRENT students attending other APS High Schools

  • Students may enroll in up to 2 classes at a time. As students complete a class, another may be added until the enrollment close date which is 12 weeks into the semester district wide.

Grading Policies

Report cards with progress grades are issued every six (6) weeks. A semester consists of three (3) 6-week grading periods. Semester grades are posted on a student’s permanent record (transcript). The final examination may count for no more than 20% of the final semester grade. The grading scale is:

90% - 100% A
80% - 89% B
70% - 79% C
60% - 69% D
0% - 59% F

Credit is granted for successful completion of each class at the end of the semester. Progress reports are issued every 6 weeks prior to the end of the semester and reflect the cumulative grades for each class. Credits are granted with passing grades: A, B, C, or D. Credit is not granted for grades of “F”, “I” (Incomplete) or “W/F” (withdrawal with the grade of F). Course work must be completed by the end of the semester following the semester in which the “I” (Incomplete) is posted. If a grade is not assigned for the Incomplete within the next semester, a grade of F will be assigned. If a course is repeated, the higher grade will be recorded and computed in the student’s grade point average (GPA); however, the F remains on the transcript. Duplicate credit will not be granted for a course that is repeated. Dual credit (courses taken at Central New Mexico Community College/University of New Mexico/Institute of American Indian Arts or SIPI) grades are included on the transcript and calculated in the GPA. It is a state requirement that dual credit grades be posted on the high school transcript.

Withdrawal From Courses

Students taking courses will have a “no fault” withdrawal when:

  1. This process has started within the first 10 (ten) school days.
  2. A student/parent/teacher/counselor conference is held within the 2nd to 3rd week of the school year. The goal of the conference is to develop a Support Plan for Student Success in the course.
  3. A minimum of two weeks is allowed for implementation of the support plan.
  4. A student/parent/teacher/counselor conference is held at the end of the support plan for student success timeframe. The goal of the conference is to determine if the plan has been successful and what further actions need to be taken. In addition, schedule change implications are discussed (changes in instructors, changes in class periods, appropriate course level changes, options for a substitute class, open periods and class load limits).

If the student is not successful after implementation of a support plan, the student or teacher may make a request to the curriculum assistant, no later than the end of the first six weeks, for withdrawal (without penalty) from the course.

  • The transfer process occurs no later than the first seven (7) weeks of the semester, but no sooner than the 4th week of the semester.
  • The student will be transferred to the level of the course that is appropriate for his/her academic skill level* or courses that fulfill a graduation requirement (e.g.; Algebra I will replace Honors Algebra I, English 9 will replace Honors English 9, Chemistry I will replace AP Chemistry).
  • When examining transfer options, class load maximums cannot be violated. The grade that the student earned in the course at the time of withdrawal will transfer to the new course. The transfer grade will not be weighted if the grade was from an AP or honors course.

Students who withdraw from a course after the first 10 days of each semester, and do not enroll in a comparable* course (same content) will receive a WF (Withdraw Fail) on their transcript. * When a course does not exist in the same content area (e.g. There is not an Environmental Science course to replace an AP Environmental course or the student requests withdrawal from AP Chemistry and has already taken Chemistry I), the student will either remain in the class with a revised support plan or be withdrawn from the class with a “W”.


APS uses Parchment to send official and unofficial copies of transcripts. Click here for information about processing transcripts, or go directly to Parchment to create a profile. Official transcripts will be sent electronically, securely and confidentially to the colleges, universities or organizations you designate. Students can track the status of their request online and immediately see if it is "Pending," "Sent" or "Delivered." Official transcripts are primarily for college applications and the military. Currently enrolled students can print unofficial transcripts from Parchment for personal use. Unofficial transcripts can be used for job applications and as useful information in educational planning.

Graduation Information


2013 Graduates and later - 25 Credit Plan (entered high school in 2009 or thereafter)

Course Credits Required
English 4.0
Mathematics 4.0
Laboratory Science (See science section) 3.0
United States History & Geography 1.0
World History & Geography 1.0
Government 0.5
Economics 0.5
New Mexico History 0.5
Health 1.0
Electives* 9.0
Total 25

*Students must take:

  • one credit of an Advanced Placement or honors or dual credit or distance learning course
  • one unit of a career cluster course or workplace readiness course, or a language other than English. (Most colleges and universities require 2-4 credits of the same modern, classical, or native language.)

Dual Credit (Courses taken at CNM, UNM, SIPI or IAIA)

Dual Credit is one of the options for meeting a state graduation requirement. Dual credit provides students with the opportunity to experience a college course and earn both college and high school credit. The Dual Credit Program at Central New Mexico Community College (CNM) allows high school sophomores, juniors, and seniors the opportunity to earn college credit and, at the same time, high school credit. The University of New Mexico (UNM), Southwestern Indian Polytechnic Institute (SIPI) and the Institute of American Indian Arts (IAIA) offer the same dual enrollment advantages to qualified juniors and seniors. Students must be officially enrolled in APS at least half-time to qualify for dual credit enrollment. APS pays for most required textbooks (which MUST be returned to the high school bookroom upon completion of the course). NOT ALL CNM, UNM, SIPI and IAIA COURSES QUALIFY AS DUAL CREDIT COURSES. Check with your Professional School Counselor or College and Career Readiness Counselor. Remedial and non-APS approved courses are not tuition-free, textbooks are not provided for these classes, and they do not count for dual credit. For more information about Dual Credit:

Honors and Advance Placement Contract

Honors’ level and Advanced Placement courses are rigorous and are intended for the student that has demonstrated strong academic achievement and work ethic. These courses are designed to prepare high school students for college-level academic work and success on AP exams. The material reviewed in these courses is covered at a rapid pace and require an average of 1-2 hours of homework every night. An extra .025 will be added to the cumulative GPA for each semester of an Honors or AP class successfully completed. The following steps will assist students in making appropriate course selection:

  1. Read about the courses in the course catalog
  2. Talk with Honors and AP teachers about their course, course requirements, and work expectations. Please contact the Help Desk @ if you have questions.
  3. Talk with your current teachers and get their recommendation.
  4. Consider next year’s work load, extra-curricular activities, and family obligations.
  5. Review the College Board information about the Advanced Placement Courses.

The Next Step Plan

Completion and annual revision of a Next Step Plan (NSP) is a New Mexico Public Education Department graduation requirement. The purpose of the Next Step Plan is to involve pertinent people in each student’s life (the student, the student’s parent(s) or guardian(s), school counselor, school advisor, and others as appropriate) who work collaboratively with the student in developing goals and plans that prepare the student for a prospective career and personal future. The NSP is a living, working document, reviewed and updated annually, culminating during the 12th-grade year in a transition plan for a post-secondary or career-related future.

Grade Level Classification

Students must earn a set number of credits before they are classified at the next grade level. The following table illustrates the number of credits required for classification at each grade level. 2016 Graduates and later (entered high school in 2010 or thereafter)

To Be Classified Credits Needed
9th Grade <6
10th Grade 6
11th Grade 13
12th Grade 19
Graduate 25

Every semester, the district reclassifies or promotes students who have not earned/earned enough credits to move to the next grade.


This waiver applies only to students enrolling as freshmen in 2017-2018 or later. Students completing two years of JROTC or two consecutive fall semesters of Marching Band may apply for a waiver for PE. All eighth-grade students who wish to fulfill the Physical Education graduation requirement through Band or ROTC will need to obtain and sign the “PE Graduation Requirement Waiver for Marching Band and JROTC” form no later than the first week of May during their eighth-grade year. If a student chooses to participate in PE at the time of pre-registration and later decides to waive the PE credit, the student and parent will need to schedule an appointment with their counselor within the first ten days of the school year to fill out the form and obtain a schedule change. Students will be scheduled into elective classes based on availability. If a student decides to withdraw from the Band or JROTC program before the completion of two years, they will need to arrange to take PE prior to graduation.

Early Graduates

Students who wish to graduate before their graduating class should be aware of the following requirements:

  1. Students must declare their plans to their school counselor during the period of time between the beginning of their sophomore year and before the start of the second semester of their junior year.
  2. Students must enroll in senior classes (English 12, a fourth math course, government and economics) during their graduating (3rd) year. Failure to do so will jeopardize their plans for early graduation. Core courses within the same content area cannot be taken concurrently.
  3. Early graduates must take all high school assessments, as required by the Public Education Department, to earn a diploma. Early graduates will be classified as juniors until the diploma is granted.
  4. Students completing graduation requirements at mid-year may participate in the spring commencement and receive their diplomas at that time. Diplomas are not issued mid-year.

Class Ranking

After grade point averages (GPAs) are calculated for all students, the students in each graduating class are ranked in order and assigned their class rank. The student with the highest GPA in a class is ranked number one in the class, the student with the next highest GPA is ranked number two, and so on. Students with the same GPA receive the same rank. The preliminary ranking for seniors is usually available shortly after October 1st. The official ranking occurs after the 8th semester. If you are applying for early college admission, simply indicate that official ranking will be available at a later date.


Your registration name should appear on your school records and your diploma. If your name is incorrect or misspelled, please notify the registrar. A graduation list will be available in mid-spring before diplomas are ordered. Students are responsible for verifying that their names are on the list and spelled the way they want them to be printed on the diploma.

Testing Information

To graduate from a New Mexico public high school, students must meet both coursework and assessment requirements. Currently, New Mexico Administrative Code (NMAC) establishes the standards-based assessment in mathematics, language arts, and science as the primary demonstration of competency for graduation. Students who do not demonstrate competency through the primary assessment requirements, may demonstrate postsecondary and/or workforce readiness from a menu of options provided by the NM Public Education Department or district designated demonstrations. For the most complete and up-to-date information on Assessment and Graduation requirements, please visit the APS Assessment website

ACCESS: If your child is learning English, he/she will take the ACCESS test once a year, which takes about an hour. This assessment is required by the federal government and is used to determine your child's progress in English.

Other Assessments

All students are expected to participate in Final Exams for each course. The final examination may count for no more than 20% of the final semester grade. Other assessments of scholastic aptitude and vocational interests are available through the counseling office.

Special Education IEP/504

Students with an IEP or who have a 504 Accommodations Plan have many testing accommodations available to them. Graduation requirements, including passing scores on the exit exams, may vary for students with an Individualized Education Plan. Contact our school’s Special Education department chair for more information. Parents and teachers should discuss what is best for each student.

Course Prerequisites

The below prerequisites are strongly encouraged and serve as a guide to assure students are adequately prepared for success in the more rigorous course offerings which include: 

  • Computer Science
  • Computer Networking 
  • Engineering
  • Law

One or more of the below prerequisites are needed to take the above course: 

  • Students must earn a C or better in English 10 and Geometry 
  • Show success in past Edgenuity classes
  • Recommendation from previous teacher in that subject

College Information

College Preparatory Programs

Admission requirements vary widely among colleges and universities; consequently, students and their parents are urged to research entrance requirements for specific institutions. For example, some universities require a fine arts credit for admission; some colleges and universities calculate grade point average (GPA) for core courses only. School counselors are helpful in providing college information. Students and parents are encouraged to visit the counseling link on the school website for more information.

Courses Credits
English: English or Honors/Advanced Placement 4
Math: Algebra I or Honors Algebra I, Geometry or Honors Geometry, Algebra II or Honors Algebra II, a fourth credit of math 4
Social Studies: US History and Geography or Advanced Placement US History,
  • World History and Geography or Advanced Placement World History,
  • Economics or Advanced Placement Microeconomics or Macroeconomics,
  • Government or Advanced Placement US Government and Politics,
  • New Mexico History
Science: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Advanced Placement Biology, Advanced Placement Chemistry, Advanced Placement Physics minimum 3/preferred 4
Modern, Classical or Native Language: Most colleges require multiple years of the same language minimum 2/ preferred 4

Advanced Placement (AP) courses are recommended for college preparedness. See the Advanced Placement course offerings in this catalog for options.


Students should obtain information from their prospective college to determine whether the school participates in and awards credit through the Advanced Placement (AP) and/or the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) examinations. Professional School Counselors and College and Career Readiness Counselors have more information on both programs. Please note, the CLEP option is for colleges and universities, not high schools. Many colleges and universities participate in the College Board Advanced Placement Program. The program grants advanced standing in courses and credit for college courses through AP examinations administered at our school in May of each year. Students may receive advanced placement or credit from a participating college or university based on their examination performance.


*Based on 9/2014 information from post-secondary institutions; Post-secondary schools have different titles for this first semester scholarship (e.g., Bridge Scholarship, NM Lottery Success Scholarship and NM Legislative Lottery Scholarship). IMPORTANT NOTE: New Mexico post-secondary institutions have different criteria for accessing this scholarship money (different admission deadlines for receiving these awards, semesters in which these awards can be used, exams that must be taken prior to receiving the awards, financial aid applications that must be completed prior to receiving the awards, etc.). Students should check with the post-secondary institution to which they are applying for scholarship criteria. More information on New Mexico Lottery Scholarships can be found at this link Students have an opportunity to earn a first semester scholarship to New Mexico public post-secondary institutions of higher education. Priority consideration for the scholarship is given based on application completion deadlines that vary by institution. To earn this scholarship, students must:

  • be a New Mexico high school graduate,
  • have a high school GPA as determined by the post-secondary institution,
  • be a New Mexico resident,
  • complete admission requirements and be admitted to a New Mexico public post-secondary institution of higher education and
  • enroll in a degree granting program with at least 12 credit hours for CNM or a NM two-year college OR 15 credit hours for UNM or other NM four-year institutions.

The New Mexico State Lottery Scholarship is a tuition scholarship for New Mexico high school graduates attending a New Mexico public post-secondary institution of higher education. The scholarship covers tuition and may or may not include fees. It is available for up to seven consecutive semesters or until the student graduates, whichever comes first. Only four semesters may be used at a two-year institution. In order to qualify for the Lottery Scholarship. You must (at minimum):

  • Student must be a resident of New Mexico.
  • Student must have completed high school at a public or accredited private New Mexico high school, graduated from a public or accredited private New Mexico high school or received a high school equivalency credential while maintaining residency in New Mexico.
  • Student must enroll at a public post-secondary educational institution in New Mexico within sixteen months of graduation or receipt of a high equivalency credential.
  • Student must enroll in and earn 15 credit hours per semester at a four-year New Mexico public university.
  • Student must enroll in and earn 12 credit hours per semester at a two- year New Mexico public community college.
  • Student must maintain a 2.5 or greater cumulative grade point average (GPA) each semester of enrollment.


National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) requirements apply to students who plan to participate in athletics at the college level. The NCAA was established in 1906 and serves as the athletics governing body for more than 1,300 colleges, universities, conferences and organizations. The national office is in Indianapolis, but the member colleges and universities develop the rules and guidelines for athletics eligibility and athletics competition for each of the three NCAA divisions: Division I, Division II, and Division III. One of the differences among the three divisions is that colleges and universities in Division I and II may offer athletic scholarships, while Division III colleges and universities may not. NCAA guidelines specify which courses qualify as NCAA core courses and what college entrance scores and grade-point averages are required to participate in college athletics. Not all Math, online, virtual, software-based credit recovery, independent study and correspondence courses meet NCAA guidelines in order to qualify as NCAA core credit. Students are responsible for adherence to NCAA course guidelines. Athletes should consult with the Athletic Director or school counselor for assistance. For more information, visit the NCAA Eligibility Center website