Student Login Info
- Username: (studentID)aps — example: 123456789aps
- Password: (studentID) — example: 123456789
Accessing the Course
Look for My Course List on the left side of the screen and click on the course you want to view
To change courses, click "Return to Lobby" and click the title of a different course.
- Click through Course Map; select a Unit and click to expand.
- Click on the lesson to view the activities available in that lesson
- Click on an activity to launch it.
- When you have completed a review of the activity: Click on the Home icon at the top left and you will return to the Course Map; select a different activity to view it.
When in the Student Lobby, click on the Organizer.
- You can use the Reports, Communications and Resources options at the bottom to view different groups of student tools and information available.
- From within the Organizer, view the Student Orientation video at Resources
- Click on the Power button to return to the Lobby
- To see when assignments are due, click the Organizer, then Reports, and then Assignment Calendar.
- You have to view each video all the way through in order to move forward.
- You have to complete each part of the lesson in order to move forward.
- When you get to a quiz, assignment or test you will need to pass it with a 70% or above in order to move forward.
- You get three attempts to pass with a 70% or above, but don’t race through things, remember you want to keep your grade up. If you are moving through things too quickly your teacher may ask you to show your notes, and retake things in order to ensure you are learning the material and passing the course.
- When you get to a Unit test you will need to message your teacher to open the Unit test for you.
- Take notes, you can do this on your own, and you can do this within your course. You can use all of your notes on the quizzes, assignments, and tests, so taking notes will be very helpful.
- Working every day will help you stay on track
- Teachers will guide you and alert you and your parents if you are not logging in regularly, falling behind or you have a low grade.
- Don’t forget to ask questions, either of your teacher or the eCADEMY on-line learning coach.
- Computer with internet connection and headphones
- Firefox or Chrome browsers
- Acrobat Reader to read PDF files
- Adobe Flash Player to view Flash and SWF file
- Java for applets
- Quicktime to view MOV files
- Windows Media player to view WMV files
- MS Office, Open Office, or Google Docs to do assignments
Can I work ahead?
Yes, we expect you to stay caught up in the course you are taking, and we encourage you to work ahead as much as possible. If you finish your course before the end of the semester, we will work out the details for your final exam, whether you can register for another class, or whether can conclude your time in the lab.
What if I get behind and can’t complete my class when I’m supposed to?
All coursework MUST be completed by the end of the semester; there are no extensions, no exceptions.
Edgenuity requires that you complete each lesson before moving forward, so you cannot wait until the last week of the semester to get caught up.
What about my grade?
When you log in, you will see the snapshot of your grade for the week prior, which may or may not match the grade your see in Edgenuity. Your teachers may post on a Friday afternoon and you may have done work over the weekend, but the grade should be close. Please know that eCADEMY instructors will contact parents if a student’s grade falls below 70%.
Why was I marked absent? I received a call that doesn't make sense.
All eCADEMY instructors will mark a student absent once a month when students fall behind, even if you are working and/or attending. It’s a way to alert students and parents when students fall behind, not absences.
Why can’t I move on in my class?
First, verify the following:
- You've watched each video all the way through
- You've completed each part of the lesson
- You've passed each quiz, assignment, and test with a 70% or above
- If you're trying to take a unit test, you've contacted your teacher to open it
If you still can't move on, contact your teacher. Let them know that you have run into a problem or that you need a test to be opened. Be specific when you contact your instructor: include your name, ID, the class you’re talking about, and what needs to happen.
Don’t delay contacting them when you run into a problem or need something so that you don’t fall behind.
When can I take the final?
You may take the final when you have finished all of your coursework and/or when final exam day arrives at the end of the semester. When you reach the end of your course, contact your teacher to make arrangements to take your final in the lab.
You MUST take your final in person; you cannot take it from home.
My instructor hasn’t responded to me. What should I do?
Keep in mind that your instructors aren’t online 24/7. Prepare to wait one school day for a response. You can also contact the main eCADEMY office at 505-247-4209 or email@example.com .
What browser should I use for Edgenuity?
Edgenuity works best in Chrome or Firefox. Make sure your computer meets the technical requirements.
Are eCADEMY classes NCAA certified?
Yes. As of Summer 2017, eCADEMY is now NCAA accredited. Credits earned from 2016-2017 onward will be counted toward the student's NCAA academic-eligibility requirement.
What grade should I pay attention to?
- Actual Grade is your grade in the course, which reflects your work and includes zeroes if you are behind in the class
- Overall Grade is the average of your grades on submitted assignments but is not a true reflection of your grade for a report card.
- Relative Grade will be the grade you will see on your report card at the end of the semester and includes everything in the course, including incomplete assignments.